A new version of Acumatica 2022 R2 is available as part of the company’s annual updates. Featuring many user-friendly, cost-effective, and innovative features, the September 2022 update of Acumatica makes it a highly competitive cloud ERP solution that caters to busy, on-the-go executives.
The three main themes of Acumatica 2022 R2 are:
1. A more user-friendly interface
2. Global reach and access
3. Micro-vertical targeting
The accessibility, flexibility, and customization of Acumatica make it indispensable to many companies, particularly manufacturers. Here are some highlights of R2 Acumatica.
UX Design Enhances Usability
Due to the evolving ERP software market, businesses are paying more attention to usability. According to G2, Acumatica ranks first for usability, and others rave about the updated interface. Yet the new R2 release of Acumatica 2022 exceeds itself with several improvements that enhance usability.
- Automation of mobile signature capture enhances workflow efficiency. An electronic signature is automatically affixed to each invoice and sale order.
- Easy-to-use mobile interface makes finding what you need easier. All your favorite links are available on the mobile interface, which mirrors the desktop interface. You can also hide widgets, rearrange items, and modify screens according to your needs.
- The color-coding system is simple yet robust, allowing you to create your own coding system to recognize important items quickly.
- Help is available instantly through wiki files. Using intelligent tooltips is as easy as hovering your cursor or tapping the fields. It’s unnecessary to exit the system or open another tab or window.
A final development in Acumatica 2022 R2 is the enhancement of contract-based REST APIs to support software integration at scale.
International Reach and Access
Globalization has led to a more complex business world but also a smaller one. Companies need to be able to expand into new markets regardless of their location. Using Acumatica’s true cloud ERP, you can easily sell internationally.
Acumatica 2022 now allows you to calculate taxes easily across multiple tax zones so that you can add them to new sales orders or invoices.
The following enhancements have been made to Acumatica 2022 R2 to improve global reach and accessibility:
- Setting up, reporting, and managing companies with international legal entities are simplified with Canada-specific features at the company level
- Automated tax calculations based on country, state, and zip code for new sales orders and invoices
- Enhancement of order tracking within Shopify, particularly for omnichannel orders
- The system can instantly access third-party carriers and can track orders more easily
Micro-Vertical Targeting Capabilities
As long as companies can target micro verticals specifically, they will have a better chance of surviving the many changes in their industry. Acumatica 2022 R2 makes it even easier to target micro verticals.
There are several new features in the new update, including:
Improved inventory management
By defining cost centers, you can improve storage, inbound, and outbound inventory handling. Here are the manufacturing-specific improvements.
- The interactive Engineering workbench allows you to create or modify multi-level BOMs by dragging and dropping (or copying and pasting).
- There is increased accuracy in calculating job costs and collecting shop floor data.
- Multi-job clock-ins and clock-outs.
- Multiple manufacturing and engineering screens are accessible without leaving the main data-entry screen through side panels.
- You can use MRP to balance supply and demand for planned inbound and outbound transfer orders.
Here are the improvements for contractors and service companies:
- Scheduling field service more efficiently, such as by skills required.
- Entry of service expenses is simplified and improved.
There is no doubt that Acumatica is the best true cloud ERP on the market, thanks to its attention to customer needs. Manufacturers, contractors, and field service technicians will find it particularly useful. Contact us today for more information.