It’s 2020. If you’re not running ecommerce for your business, you could be missing out on more than just revenue. Ecommerce sales are expected to account for more than 12 percent of all retail sales in the United States this year. The projected value of global ecommerce sales for 2019 was $3.45 trillion.
Online sales are on an exponential rise. An internet ecommerce presence expands the variety of inventory you can show, spreads the availability of a niche product or service, adds online ordering service to food retailers, and expands your customer base much farther than foot traffic and word of mouth can. Take a look at 5 compelling reasons to add ecommerce to your 2020 business plan.
5 Reasons to Add Ecommerce in 2020
- Attract new customers: The majority of shoppers nowadays won’t simply wander into a store and hope they find what they’re looking for. They’re online searching for the precise product they need before they even get in their car. Even better if they can order it online without even getting off the couch (or leaving their desk). But to show up in search results, you need to have an ecommerce store.
- Make it easy to buy: Ecommerce sites provide a variety of ways for your current and potential customers to get in touch and/or complete a purchase. Here they can find your store hours, phone number, and address for in-person shopping or online orders they pick up in store. Or, if they can’t get to your physical location due to distance or timing, your ecommerce solution lets them shop from anywhere at any time.
- Expand your markets: Online business has unlimited reach potential. Your products are a hit in your brick-and-mortar location. Why not expand that reach to new markets online? Ecommerce expands the opportunity for your products and solutions to be seen and purchased by people all over.
- Go multi-channel: With ecommerce, you can take the best of physical sales and online sales and combine them into a multi-channel experience. This includes ordering online and picking up in store, a great solution both for keeping retail lines short and for expediting food service times for restaurants. It all adds up to save both you and your customers a very valuable commodity: time.
- Data syncing: Worried that ecommerce will make it even harder to track inventory and sales data? Having the right software system in place negates all that, and can even make it easier to keep up to date on your inventory and sales data. Going digital will sync your data with a solution such as your ERP so everyone from your ecommerce customers to the salesperson on the phone helping a customer find the right solution has instant access to past order information and current inventory, no matter how each customer has shopped your products before.
Acumatica ERP Drives Easy Ecommerce
An enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution gives your organization access to integrated business management applications. A solution like Acumatica Cloud ERP delivers adaptable cloud and mobile technology with a complete, real-time view of your business. Acumatica can integrate accounting, commerce, CRM, distribution, and more, all in one central hub. Deliver consistent customer experience, regardless of where your customer is shopping: online, in-store, or even mobile. Stay on top of order tracking and inventory to boost customer service. Manage customer accounts so you can track data and offer product suggestions based on previous purchases, or manage inventory based on historical purchase trends.
But, it’s not just about what your customers can experience through your ERP use. ERP software like Acumatica can make life easier for your colleagues, as well. Gather data from disparate platforms and consolidate it automatically in Acumatica for a more accurate picture based on all relevant data points. Automatic integration and communication significantly reduces errors, giving your team information they know they can trust for making smart decisions.
Integrate Acumatica with Accounting Systems, Inc.
Integrating your ecommerce platform with an Acumatica ERP solution will boost productivity, retain customers, and increase revenue.
Take Acumatica for a test drive over your data and see if this adaptable cloud solution is right for you. With access to information any time, from anywhere, and on any device, we’re certain that Acumatica is going to be the ecommerce ERP solution you’ve been looking for. Let the experts at Accounting Systems, Inc. show you how Acumatica can take your business and your ecommerce expansion into 2020. Get a free consultation now.