Selecting ERP system software is an important decision that takes time and research. Once you’ve made your selection, the ERP implementation process can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Just follow this process.
ERP implementation involves installing your chosen ERP software, moving your business data to the new system, configuring your user information and custom processes, and training your employees.
Planning and Organizing
The first step of the ERP implementation process is planning and organizing. This step begins before selecting the ERP system that best fits your business and has several sub-steps.
To make the project successful, you’ll need leadership and IT support. It’s vital to have support from your executive team and IT department since the rest of the organization looks up to them for leadership and security.
The next step is to assemble your ERP implementation team. A team of implementation employees will be drawn from different departments, each with a specific role to play. Lastly, you will select your deployment method (cloud-based, private-cloud, or hybrid).
System Selection is the second stage of any ERP implementation, during which you and your team will take several crucial planning steps, including determining the type of project. The project type will, in turn, determine your ERP implementation process because each project differs greatly from the next.
With Acumatica Cloud ERP, you’ll be paired with a VAR partner with industry expertise who is geographically close to your business. You will be guided through each step of the ERP implementation process by your partner, who will recognize the type of ERP implementation you need.
A cloud ERP implementation process can be categorized into one of three types.
- The ERP software is functional out-of-the-box (OOB). No add-on solutions are needed because the customer is a single entity without complex processes.
- ERP implementations that use one currency and language and require minimal customizations and additions.
- ERP implementations for single or multiple entities with multiple locations, currencies, and languages. There is a wide range of complexity in their business processes and integrations, and the rollout process involves several phases.
Dual Layers of Support
ERP implementation projects are dynamic and unique to each business, and the guidance that is effective for one project may be ineffective for another. Here’s where Acumatica’s dual layers of support come into play.
As the industry’s leading ERP VAR partner network, Acumatica is dedicated to helping partners deliver their best service to you. As a result, your VAR partner will support you throughout your implementation project. Acumatica will provide dedicated support to you and your partner. The Acumatica support team will always be available to answer your questions, treat your problems as their own, and work with you until the problem is resolved.
But how does Acumatica and their VARs support customers across each ERP implementation life cycle stage?
Acumatica has its own support stages that run parallel to yours.
7 Support Stages of an ERP Implementation
Acumatica and its VAR partners are dedicated to helping you make the most of your new cloud ERP software. As a result of their dedication, they’ve been ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction. This level of support is achieved by following the following seven steps.
- Discover: We will help you define your needs, vision, and project scope. We will also ensure that you are comfortable and ready to move forward with the ERP implementation.
- Plan and monitor: We will develop a strategy to help you complete the ERP project. At this stage and throughout the implementation, we’ll measure progress and take corrective action as needed to keep you on track.
- Analyze: The Analyze stage is similar to the Discover stage but goes into more detail. We’ll collect additional information about your ERP requirements to help you personalize the software to your greatest advantage.
- Build: This is the continuation of Plan and Monitor. We’ll perform each of the tasks in the ERP project strategy here.
- Stabilize: At this stage, we ensure the ERP solution meets your needs and is ready for Go Live. In addition, we will discuss with you the best way to go live—in a big bang, a phased approach, or a parallel approach.
- Go Live: Your ERP solution will be deployed according to your preference.
- Post Go Live: As long as you use Acumatica, we’ll provide support for technical questions, add-on features, customizations, updates, maintenance, and security.
Implementing ERP Ensures Continued Success
Your ERP system and how you use it will evolve as your company grows and changes, as markets change, and as people come and go. This is what digital transformation is all about. Business transformation is an ongoing process that takes place over and over again. ERP implementation is necessary to remain competitive in the digital economy.
You won’t find a more scalable, innovative, and modern cloud-based ERP solution than Acumatica. With dual levels of support, it is sure to help you succeed. Contact our team today with any questions or to request a demonstration.