Following is a collection of important product updates, changes, and version retirements that you should be aware of as you close out 2013 and look ahead to 2014.
Electronic Reporting Retirement
As previously announced, the Electronic Reporting Module is being retired this year, along with:
– Traditional Accounts Payable Form 1099
– Payroll Quarterly Form 941
– Payroll W2 Printing Using Pre-Printed Forms
– W2 and 1099 File Creation
Tax year 2013 is the last year Sage will maintain and support these tax forms within the Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Electronic Reporting modules. Starting with the release of Sage 100 ERP Version 2014 (expected in December) and for tax years 2014 and beyond, these pre-printed forms will be replaced with plain paper printing capabilities provided through the Sage 100 ERP integration with Federal and State eFiling and Reporting powered by Aatrix.
Note: the Payroll Tax Tables will continue to be maintained as long as you’re running a currently-supported version of Sage 100 ERP (MAS 90).
Supported Versions Matrix (PDF) >>>
Sage 100 ERP 2013
Product Update 4 (PU4)
Sage 100 ERP Version 2013, Product Update 4 (PU4) is now available for download in the Sage Customer Portal. After logging into the portal, click “Version 2013 Product Updates” from the Download Product Updates section in the left-hand margin of the screen. Download the PU4 Release Notes (PDF) for details about the product fixes and other changes included in this update.
Sage 100 ERP 2014
The Road Ahead
Expected for release sometime in December, Sage 100 ERP Version 2014 will emphasize tighter integration with Sage CRM along with product fixes and new customer-requested features. Here’s a quick look at what’s expected:
– Tighter, more stable integration with Sage CRM including option to connect with Sage CRM Cloud
– 60+ stability, maintenance, and feature issues resolved
– Payroll enhancements including ability to select up to 16 new Box 12 codes for W2 filing
– Flashlight lookup for A/P invoices
– Auto-complete search functionality for customers, vendors, and inventory items
– Option to leave the print window open after print and preview on custom reports and GL financial reports
– Updated search defaults to the first column in the grid instead of row number when performing a “find”
– Sage Intelligence is now auto-installed on the menu
– Enhanced integration with Sage Mobile and Sage Connected Services
Once the 2014 release is live and available for download, we’ll provide more detail about the new features and product updates – so keep your eyes open for our follow up.