Affordable Care Act (ACA) Compliance Updates
A collection of new settings, fields, and reports added in Sage 100 2016 make it easier to manage new requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including:
- Change Period End processing to retain ACA records and terminated employees until the purging of Perpetual Payroll History.
- Store Employee/Employer data for 1094 and 1099B/C forms.
- Transmit ACA data to Aatrix via .AUF for 1094/1095-B/C compliance.
- Choice of using the 1094 or 1095 forms when printing forms in Federal eFiling and Reporting.
- Enter values in the new Policy Origin Code field to print on Form 1095-B in part I, field 8 when printing forms in Federal eFiling and Reporting.
- Select the following check boxes on Form 1094-C in Part II, section 22 when printing forms in Federal eFiling and Reporting: Qualifying Offer Method, Qualifying Offer Method Transition Relief, Section 4980H Transition Relief, and/or 98% Offer Method.
Data Entry and Preference Settings
This collection of minor enhancements just might have a major impact on the productivity of your everyday tasks. For example, you can now choose between various desktop layouts and options, set the default zoom when you preview reports, choose whether to automatically insert decimal points when entering quantities, add extended item description for lines in the A/R data entry and invoice tasks, and schedule reports to automatically run or print using Task Scheduler. In addition, a popular request to expand P/O numbers up to 30 characters has been added to Sage 100 2016.
Accounts Payable Enhancements
The Accounts Payable Aged Invoice Report window now includes an Electronic Payment Vendors field so you can specify whether vendors with the Electronic Payment check box selected in Vendor Maintenance are:
- Included on the aged invoice report (Yes)
- Excluded from the report (No)
- The only invoices printed on the report (Only)
You can also specify whether the A/P Aged Invoice Report prints in landscape view with 8-point font size or in portrait view with a 6-point font size, using a new Print Condensed check box.
Enhanced Payroll Services Integration
If you’re looking to outsource payroll processing or you want a better experience than you’re getting from a current payroll provider, you’ll be happy to learn that Sage 100 2016 features enhanced integration with Sage Payroll Services.
Sage Payroll Services allows you to outsource the hassle of payroll processing. And with the enhanced integration in Sage 100 2016, you simply upload general ledger account numbers and bank codes to Sage Payroll Services and then easily download payroll transactions back into Transaction Journal Entry. Go online to learn about options and pricing through Sage Payroll Services.
New Product Keys Required for Payroll
If you’re using the Payroll module, you must use the new product keys (provided by Sage) when upgrading to Sage 100 2016. If you use product keys from a previous version, you won’t be able to access any Payroll tasks in Sage 100 2016 (Sage 100 customers without Payroll will not need new product keys).
Upgrade Guides and Webcasts
In this article, we’ve covered only a few of the new features and enhancements added in Sage 100 2016. To get the whole scoop, register for a webcast or request any of the following guides:
“What’s New” Webcasts
Register for the upcoming What’s New in Sage 100 2016 webcasts that are being hosted as follows:
- December 2, 2015 at 2:00 PM Eastern
- December 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM Eastern
- January 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM Eastern
- January 19, 2016 at 1:00 PM Eastern
Customer Upgrade Guide
Contact us for a copy of the customer upgrade guide
Contact us for a copy of the detailed installation guide
Introducing Sage 100c
In addition to enhancements added to the existing Sage 100 product in version 2016, Sage simultaneously launched a new “deluxe” version called Sage 100c.
The launch of Sage 100c marks the beginning of a journey toward modernizing the product portfolio in North America.
What is Sage 100c?
While the existing “traditional” versions of Sage 100 (Standard, Advanced, and Premium) all remain available, you can think of Sage 100c as a new “Deluxe” version. The primary difference is that Sage 100c features a totally modernized and highly-customizable interface combined with built-in mobile access.
Another major distinction from the “regular” Sage 100 is that Sage 100c is only available through subscription.
New Technology, Same Workflow
For existing customers, Sage 100c is an easy way to leverage new technology without disrupting the way you do business today because the workflow and functionality is the same.
Sage 100c is offered in one of three pre-packaged product bundles: Essentials, Advanced, and Complete. Each is priced at a specific dollar amount per user, per month.
Contact us for a copy of the new Sage 100c Brochure or to request pricing information.