There are several scenarios – like testing a customization or creating an archive before year end processing – where it makes sense to copy an existing company in Sage ERP MAS 90 or Sage ERP MAS 200 and create a new one. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to Library Master > Main and select the Company Maintenance task.
- Select the company that the data will be copied to, or create a new company code.
- Click Copy, then Yes when prompted to save.
- Choose the source company (you know, the company you’re copying from or duplicating).
- Select the modules that you want to copy over (Note: It’s probably best to just “Select All.” If not, always be sure to copy ‘Common Information’).
- Click Proceed/Yes and you’re done.
Be sure to copy all integrated modules. For example if SO (sales order) is copied, also copy AR, GL, and any other modules that SO is integrated with. Sage ERP MAS 90 will look for these integrated modules and errors will occur if the module is not found in the new company.