Cloud technology seems to be all the rage right now. Sure, the Cloud can connect you virtually to any information you need, but will it really benefit your business in the way you think it will? Before you make the decision to move your business software to the Cloud, you need to take some time to examine how the Cloud could potentially impact your current business situation.
For many, moving to the Cloud could be the best thing your company could do. For others, however, it could be a costly investment that you regret for years to come. In order to protect yourself from the latter scenario, you need to do some thorough research and find a technology consultant who knows what they are doing.
A good business software and technology consultant will not set you up with a technology that is going to hinder your growth, so choose your consultant wisely. To help you find a technology partner you can trust, we’ve created a few tips. Keep the following in mind as you search for the perfect consultant:
1. Before you even begin looking for a business software and technology consultant, create a list of well-defined project goals.
2. Once you’ve created your list of expectations, thoroughly research all of your potential candidates. Don’t pick your business software and technology consultant blindly. Spend time researching their offerings. Contact their current customers and find out how their experience has been with the company. Believe us, you can never do too much research during this stage.
3. Narrow your selection down to the top three and schedule an interview with all three individually.
4. Ask questions. Make sure they have an understanding of your business and industry. Ask for their recommendations and feedback on your current situation. Find out if they will be available enough to take on your company as a client. These are all important things to know before you hire them as your consultant.
5. Choose the consultant that best understands your business, its needs and the technology. Don’t partner with a consultant who isn’t well-versed in your industry or the technology you are looking to invest in. Make sure they are capable of handling your business needs adequately. A good business software consultant will take the time to understand your business and its needs, recommending products that will only move your business forward in the right direction.
If you lack a business software and technology partner that listens to your needs, contact us today. Whether you are looking to move to the Cloud or simply move to another solution more capable of meeting your needs, our business software experts will do everything they can to ensure your move is successful. We will thoroughly examine your needs, make realistic recommends, and stick with you every step of the way.
Don’t make the mistake of switching to the Cloud under the wrong advice. Contact us to find out if it truly is the right move for you.