Acumatica as a QuickBooks replacement is an ideal solution for your business. QuickBooks provides both local and cloud-based accounting software for small businesses. Acumatica is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that manages operations, accounting, and finances while integrating with third-party software, such as warehouse management applications, field service software, e-commerce platforms, and much more. It provides a powerful software platform for small and mid-sized businesses.
QuickBooks’ off-the-shelf version is meant for the average small business, often limiting its deployment usefulness. As a result, companies with unique business models, like home healthcare, may find it challenging to fit into the predefined categories.
The billing model for home healthcare agencies can be more complicated than for the average small business. For example, when an attorney uses QuickBooks to bill clients, they input the client’s details and hours, and then the bill is sent. On the other hand, home care agencies may need to bill their patients’ insurance companies, Medicare, and possibly their families as well. It’s a far more complex situation.
ERP systems offer much greater flexibility because it is more than accounting software. It is enterprise resource planning.
While accounting software tracks the financial aspects, ERP software integrates all the main business processes into one software interface. Accounting, finance, e-commerce, marketing, sales, operations, and more are all streamlined, coordinated, and integrated with this system.
You can also add additional third-party tools to integrate other areas through the software, such as warehouse and inventory management, fixed asset management, and more.
Businesses can improve efficiency and productivity by using ERP systems to analyze all areas of their business. With an ERP, users can obtain information light-years ahead of what is obtained from single accounting solutions.
Multiple information points can be gathered into one system, making it easier to generate various reports. With an ERP system, you can save countless hours of time and effort, and input errors, such as manually typed mistakes, are avoided.
Here are the top seven reasons to choose Acumatica as a QuickBooks replacement.
- Acumatica is a true cloud ERP: Acumatica has two implementation options, on-site and cloud. The cloud version was developed specifically for cloud usage and was not merely an adaptation of the on-premises version, and Intuit admits the cloud version isn’t optimal.
- Acumatica is more flexible: Acumatica can easily be customized to meet the unique needs of a company. Generally, QuickBooks cannot be customized to the degree necessary.
- A complete ERP solution: AcumaticaERP systems offer a robust, comprehensive solution for managing multiple functions, in addition to accounting. QuickBooks provides support for basic accounting functions.
- Third-party integration: There is an incredible array of third-party integrations offered by Acumatica through its Acumatica Marketplace, which makes it a top-rated ERP solution. QuickBooks integrates with a few different systems, such as email, to send invoices via email.
- Full export capabilities: QuickBooks has a proprietary database system and only allows exports into Excel or CSV code. Acumatica, on the other hand, exports and works effortlessly with many other systems.
- Flexible licensing options: Acumatica offers an annual or monthly fee option that lets you choose your depreciation method.
- Enhanced reports: The QuickBooks software only provides a handful of reports, and additional graphs and charts must be programmed or extracted and imported into Excel. Acumatica offers a comprehensive collection of enhanced reports that provide further insights into the data beyond accounting.
If you’re ready to make the switch from QuickBooks to Acumatica, here are a few tips to make the transition go smoothly.
- Implementing ERP is more complicated than setting up QuickBooks. Assemble a team of people who will work with the system from each department: accounting, finance, operations, marketing, and sales.
- Plan the data migration. Clean up your QuickBooks accounting data and any data from other systems you will be moving into Acumatica. This data can include customer addresses, vendor information, SKUs from inventory, and more.
- Consider the reports you may need and set them up accordingly. Your ERP vendor can tell what’s possible.
- Take part in all training sessions. Decide who will be the go-to person for system help in your organization. Your in-house expert on this software will undergo additional training.
- Allow yourself and your employees time to learn the system. Be patient. Once you understand the system, you’ll never want to go back.
In the same way you outgrew QuickBooks, you might wonder if Acumatica will be a match for your growing business. It is unlikely you’ll outgrow Acumatica because Acumatica grows with your company. You can easily add more users, add information, run reports, and more.
Still have questions? Schedule a free consultation today and learn more about how Acumatica can help you achieve your business goals.